Looking to add real-time chat or shoutbox to your vBulletin forum? Follow the instructions below to get Chatroll for vBulletin in less than 2 minutes!
The clock is ticking, so let’s go!
- Create a Chatroll account.
- Once you are in your Chatroll account, click the Create a new live event button. Enter your chat’s name in the Name field, then click Continue.
- Click the vBulletin icon.
- Download and Save the vBulletin Chat product-chatroll.xml file.
- From the Admin Control Panel (ACP) menu in your vBulletin account, click Plugins & Products > Manage Products.
- Click Add/Import Product and upload the product-chatroll.xml file (from Step 4).
- From the menu on the left, click Styles & Templates > Style Manager.
- Select Edit Templates from the dropdown menu.
- Select any template (we recommend the Footer) and click Customize.
- Enter the following text where you want your Chatroll to appear, then click Save:
- From the menu on the left, click vBulletin Options > Options.
- Scroll down to Chatroll Settings and click Edit Settings.
- Go back to your vBulletin installation page in your Chatroll account and copy your shortcode from Step 13.
- Paste the shortcode into the Chatroll Shortcode box in your VBulletin site.
- Enter the name of the template where you want Chatroll displayed (matching Step 9) and click Save.
- To change the size of the Chatroll module on your page, click Chatroll Settings in your vBulletin Options.
From this point, simply put $chatroll[html] anywhere in your vBulletin templates to display your Chatroll. Here’s what your chat should look like:
You can customize your chat by logging into your Chatroll Dashboard and clicking Settings. Through the Dashboard, you can manage all your Chatroll settings, including appearance, moderation tools and more. You can fully customize the position, size, and color of your chat to match the look and feel of your site.
Get Chatroll for vBulletin Now »
Have questions? Ask the Chatroll Team!