Add a Chat Room to Your Blog in 3 Easy Steps
So you’ve decided to add chat functionality to your blog or website. Chat rooms are a great way to let your visitors meet each other and discuss your content. Chat creates a community feel and adds interactivity that can set your blog apart from the rest and keep your visitors coming back!
We’ve put together 3 easy-to-follow steps to embed a chat room in your blog or website using Chatroll live communities. All Chatroll live communities can be easily used as embedded chat rooms. Here’s how:
- Create a Chatroll live community to use for your chat room.
Go to Chatroll, enter your community’s name in the “Name Your Live Community…” box and click “Create”. Choose a name that fits with your blog, as this name will appear in the chat box title. Write an attractive and detailed description so that people can easily find your new Chatroll community (this will also help drive traffic to your blog).
- Copy the embed code from the community’s home page. On your live community’s home page (the page that appears after your community has been created) you’ll find a text box labeled ‘embed’ under the chat window. Click the embed code and copy it.
- Paste the embed code in your blog or web site. Paste the code where you would like the chat room to appear in your site. If you have a blog, you can either place the chat room in individual posts, or you can create a dedicated page on your blog to host the chat.
(IMPORTANT: If you are using the WordPress Visual Editor, or other visual editors, make sure to switch to HTML editor mode, otherwise WordPress will remove the embed code! This is a known issue with WordPress.)
That’s it! You should now have a fully functional chat room in your blog. Here’s what it should look like:
You can now hang out in your new chat room by opening the page where you embedded the chat. It’s that easy! Go ahead and visit Chatroll to customize your profile and learn what else you can do with your chat room, such as posting videos, photos, links, and more.
If you use Blogger or WordPress, be sure check out these helpful articles as well!
- Add a Free Blogger Chat Box Widget to Your Blogspot Blog
- Add a Free WordPress Chat Box to Your Blog in 60 Seconds!
If you have any questions, head over to the Chatroll Support community and members of the Chatroll team will be happy to help!